Just when I thought SourceForge.net had become irrelevant, I find myself pleasantly surprised at what they've been upto.
Here are a few reasons I think they are headed in the right direction:
* A new uncluttered homepage with a cool infographic:
* They've kept up with the DVCS trend and now support GIT along with Mercurial and Bazaar.
* They deprecated some of their crufty, less-capable built-in applications and replaced them with some great open-source applications on their Hosted Apps service so that they could focus their development time on providing great service.
* Provide direct support via freenode IRC.
* And most importantly, all of the above seem to be a result of the conversations they are having with their users (blog, twitter).